Reports to: General Manager
Role type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £36,000 – £40,000
Hours: 9.30 am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (flexible arrangement may be considered)
Location: Hybrid, split between home working and our office in Banbury, Oxfordshire
Closing date: Monday 5 September
Thank you for your interest in joining Old Rope Music Group.
Old Rope Music Group helps people through music. We bring thousands of albums, playlists and videos to millions around the world through digital streaming services and mobile apps. Every day our content is streamed millions of times, providing a soundtrack to people’s lives.
From ambient music and binaural beats, to calming sounds of nature and specialist music for focus and sleep, our music makes a real difference to people throughout their day.
As a company, we practice what we preach. We’re a global leader in what we do, and we’re quickly scaling our business and expanding into new areas. Our young and creative team is forward thinking, progressive and inclusive. Our brands have at their heart a focus on doing real good in the world, and our ethics guide us every day. This is just the start of the journey and we’re looking for someone who wants to further their career and build a future with us.
So, if you’re enthusiastic, energetic and creative, and want to join us, please apply today by submitting a CV along with a covering letter explaining your interest in the role and how you meet the criteria.
We encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills and stories to join us and develop Old Rope Records.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Key responsibilities/About the role
We’re looking for an expert and data-driven digital marketer who will create and manage world class targeted campaigns and ads that will drive acquisition, conversion, engagement, retention and reactivation for our music tech company and record label.
You’ll build and refine an outstanding customer journey and identify where new and existing listeners are in the funnel to ensure we reach them with the right message at the right time.
With extensive experience managing and optimising digital marketing platforms, your campaigns will cross social media advertising, email marketing, display ads, retargeting, SEO, SEM and ASO, and you’ll be responsible for creating state of the art AdTech and MarTech stacks to facilitate, measure and report on campaigns, as well as maximise the use of first, second and third party data to target campaigns.
You will also grow and maintain our CRM database, and ensure that all listeners and users get the best customer experience at all times.
This is a new and vital role in a small but fast-paced environment, and is an opportunity for an experienced and innovative digital marketer to take ownership of something in a company that seeks to change the world through music.
- Developing and leading our digital marketing strategy and activities including social media advertising, email marketing, display ads, retargeting, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), and App Store Optimisation (ASO), including end-to-end campaign management
- Positioning and best-in-class creative in front of the right audience at the right time to drive awareness, acquisition and retention
- Identify opportunities to test, optimize and scale up successful marketing initiatives
- Building outstanding customer journeys and touchpoints to drive awareness, acquisition, engagement and retention, and reactivation
- Working closely with our content and design teams to ensure world class copy and design, and ensuring all creative work aligns with brand guidelines
- Managing third party creative and media agencies to support on marketing programmes
- Proactively managing the customer database to ensure data integrity, hygiene and GDPR compliance
- Building and managing state of the art AdTech and MarTech stacks in line with best practice and the needs of the business
- Building and maintaining our brand presence across multiple social media channels
- Measuring key performance metrics across all digital activities, and preparing reports on the performance of marketing campaigns for senior management
- Using analytics software to identify customer touchpoints and assess end-to-end customer experience across diverse digital channels
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the relevant company websites, apps and playlists with a focus on lead generation and conversion
- Creating effective and original paid social ads through Meta Business Manager and Google Ads, and reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns. This will include continually optimising ad performance and updating strategy by A/B testing, campaign types, creative, copy, audiences, placements, etc.
- Managing and optimising our websites’ performance and SEO and reporting on the effectiveness of your campaigns. You will be expected to monitor and analyse website analytics to identify ways to both optimize and maximise traffic.
- Implement novel tools to identify and engage audiences, including establishing market intelligence, audience personas and digital user journeys
- Manage the budget for digital ads, ensuring spend is being used in the most effective way
Brand, Messaging and Reputation Management:
- Support the brand and marketing team to build and protect our brand and assets
- Act as a brand guardian, ensuring consistency and quality across all operations.
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities and training as requested by your line manager and appropriate to your role.
Person specification/Qualifications and Training
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, communications or other related field
- A recognised qualification in marketing and/or digital marketing (eg CIM), and platform-specific qualifications (eg Google Ads, Meta)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a data driven digital marketing role with significant demonstrable success
- Strong understanding of the sales and marketing funnel, customer journey and retargeting strategies to support audience growth/data capture and conversion on product
- Extensive experience in building integrated campaign executions across digital channels, inclusive of but not exclusive to, Search incl. MetaSearch SEO, PPC, Display and email
- Extensive experience and demonstrated hands on approach in using Ad Display Networks and Google Analytics
- Extensive understanding of the use of CRM systems to deliver lead generation and sales growth
- Demonstrable experience of holding responsibility for substantial marketing budgets and an understanding of financial management procedures
- Creating, managing, and optimising functionality WordPress websites and supporting consumer journeys
- Managing email lifecycle campaigns from acquisition, through to conversion, retention, and reactivation
- Extensive experience in the management, implementation, and reporting on CRM platforms and AdTech and MarTech stacks
- Implementation tracking of paid media campaigns from activation, optimisation, and reporting
- Experience in creating a best-in-class consumer journey and experience on consumer websites with the ultimate ambition of growing audience and securing conversion
- Support and amplify Social and Ambassador Strategies across digital touchpoints whilst retaining consistency and building a clear Brand Identity which will include an ability to work seamlessly with designers and developers
- Experience with strategising paid campaigns, briefing and delivering content across key digital platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Search and Display
- Natural and honed creative talent, capable of capturing and communicating novel ideas to varied audiences
- Leadership within a dynamic organisation, a recognised entrepreneurial streak
- An ability to draw conclusions from data and make recommendations on maximising campaign ROI
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage and inform our venue demographics
- Excellent Content Marketing and Copywriting
- Experience working in the music industry
An understanding of the political, economic, social, technological, legal factors that may have implications for Old Rope Music Group’s marketing
- Meta ads and Business Suite
- Google Ads
- Outstanding knowledge of other appropriate MarTech and AdTech stacks and technology, and experience using them to drive results, including, but not limited to: CRM, attribution platforms, marketing automation, SEO software, email marketing software. Examples include; Salesforce, SKAdNetwork,
- Optimizely, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Customer.io, AppsFlyer, Adobe Marketing Cloud, SEM Rush/Rank Maths Pro
- Communicating with others
- Confident approach with good interpersonal skills, able to establish effective working relationships with people at all levels of the business
- Ability to manage existing and build new relationships
- Comfortable guiding and participating in collaborative discussions
- Collaborate well with other departments
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentational and ability to communicate with and deliver messages and information in a clear and accessible style to different audiences
- Fluent English speaker
Personal qualities and other requirements
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Strong planning, organising and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in building, maintaining and optimising an effective AdTech Stack
- Experience leveraging web traffic (Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst, etc.) and personalization/testing platforms (Adobe Target, Optimizely)
- Extensive experience optimizing funnels (leads, conversion, retargeting, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results that are timely, relevant and effective, and strong people and project management skills
- Be comfortable with getting into and working on detailed plans to drive speed of execution while staying focused on quality of output
- Exemplary leadership skills to be able to lead, influence and partner with teams across the organization to drive this new strategy and framework
- The ability to distil complex technical procedures and summarise to a range of audiences, including experience of developing and maintaining dashboards
- Experience of the music industry and/or digital streaming services is an advantage
- Evidence of regular CPD to keep up to date with contemporary developments in digital marketing
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit a CV to [email protected] along with a covering letter explaining your interest in the role and how you meet the criteria.
For an informal chat, please contact Chris Higgins, General Manager, at [email protected]
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings