Absolute Label Services part of Utopia Music is currently seeking a motivated Label Manager to join the Label Management team, based in our Wimbledon village headquarters and working closely with various in-house departments and eclectic roster of labels and artists. In this role, you will be responsible for a roster of high profile relationships across label and artist accounts, creating creative & commercially successful campaigns, signing the most exciting emerging and established projects, driving operational efficiency, company visibility and value.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, your main focus will be to represent a core roster or Absolute’s key client partnerships to drive visibility, revenue and relationships whilst adding value and expertise to numerous partners and their campaigns. You will be the primary contact for your clients both established and emerging, across a variety of genres. You will be familiar with all aspects of putting put out digital singles, EP’s and albums into the market in a timely manner and able to multi-task, whilst working to deadlines. The successful candidate will have a miniumum of 4 years experience in a similar role and a passion for music and providing clients with a first-class service.
WHAT DOES A LABEL MANAGER AT ABSOLUTE DO?
- Manage a roster of priority clients spanning independent artists and labels across both digital and physical supply chains as necessary
- Conceive and implement industry leading release campaigns and strategies for Absolute artists
- Work closely with internal teams, including Digital Opearations, Digital Retail and Digital Marketing as well as external partners
- Work with the Digital Retail team to develop market-leading streaming and playlist strategies
- Onboard new clients in tandem with the Marketing Director, Head of Label Services and senior management team.
- Regularly review and audit rosters, offering insight to those partners that should be upstreamed for broader services and to streamline workflow to current priorities
- Set and achieve streaming, sales and revenue targets and provide reporting and feedback to line managers and executives as required
- Represent Absolute at artist showcases; gigs, plus relevant industry conferences and events
- Continually strive to offer ideas for improvement, development and entrepreneurship across your own role and that of the team
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Passionate about music. With minimum 4 years’ music industry experience within a label or distributor, in a label management, product management or marketing capacity
- Advanced experience working closely with artists and managers, digital platforms, and digital marketing in the music industry
- Excellent working knowledge of digital music distribution, supply chain and DSP processes
- Excellent understanding of the needs of artists and labels for building and maximising their release campaigns
- Be analytical – be confident in reviewing statistics/data to monitor and improve campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally.
- Flexible, adaptable and strategic thinker
- Knowledge of international industry landscape is highly desirable
- Solid understanding/experience of digital music marketing and promotion would be an advantage
- Understanding of physical supply chain and distribution would be desirable.
A Utopia Music company, Absolute is one of the most established label services companies in the world. It has a proven track record of powering successful campaigns and providing routes to market for a wide range of independent artists, managers and labels. The company’s diverse client base ranges from developing talent such as Jake Isaac, edbl and Au/Ra to household names including Deep Purple, Beverly Knight and McFly.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings